Few things are as important in a the building process as the installation of the fire alarm system. As the nation deals with record growth in many parts of the country, it should come as no surprise that fire alarm installation services are in high demand. Although they are planned for in the initial building process, the fire alarms and sprinkler systems are often some of the last items to be installed in a new building. Until these safety features are inspected and approved, in fact, the building cannot be occupied.
All of these precautions, of course, are important safety measures that have been put in place after years of study and research. Finding the best way to make sure that public spaces are as safe as possible when it comes to fire and smoke protection is a priority in a time when there are so many resources available.
Fire Alarm Systems Provide the Best Way to Make Sure That Buildings Are Safe
You only need to consider the most recent statistics to understand the importance that fire safety and prevention measures have. For instance, warehouse properties fires have declined substantially over the past 30 years, from 4,700 in 1980 to 1,200 in 2011. This decrease is in part because of the types of fire protection services that have been developed and implemented in the last few decades.
Consider some of the other facts and figures about fire prevention industry and the impact that it has had on the safety of both persons and property:
- Apartments, hotels, offices, and facilities that care for the sick are the four property classes that account for 50% of fires in high rise buildings.
- Most surface burning and open flaming in chemical systems will stop when the concentration of CO2 in the air reaches approximately 20% or less.
- Hotel and motel fires cause an estimated 15 deaths and 150 injuries every year.
- 19% of non-confined fires in hospitals are the result of electrical malfunctions.
- Small data centers that are below 2,500 square feet are required to have an Early Warning Fire Detection system.
- Non-chemical suppression systems in commercial areas with large oven ranges operate effectively 96% of the time.
Any multi story building like an apartment or a town down high rise building has to pay special attention to the various fire protection and prevention codes that are in place before they can even be occupied.