When consumers are in the store, they make a lot of last-minute purchasing decisions. It has been estimated that between six and 10 purchases that are made inside a store are impulse buys. That means, getting a consumer in the door is really only the beginning of the work to get them to buy something. If you are looking to get more people to buy your product, you can use indoor signs with indoor sign stands to get people’s attention and move more items. Here are some tips to have the most success with your signs.
- Brevity is your friend. You want to get more attention for your product, you do not need to give people the history of your brand and your product. In today’s society where people have only 280 characters to get their point across on Twitter, you need to make sure your product display ideas have messages that are short and sweet. By most estimates, the amount of time consumers will spend picking a brand is between three and seven seconds. Keep that in mind when you are designing your signs.
- Use a simple font. No sign, no matter how brilliant the message is, if people cannot read it, it is worthless. When you are working on the design of your signage, go with a simple and clean font. A funky and frilly font may be fun, if it detracts from a person’s ability to read your sign, you should skip using it. At the same time, you should use only a few colors on your signs. The main point is: keep it simple to make it effective.
- Give consumers a reason for buying your product. Why should someone buy your items? Will they make them superstars at dinner? Make their hairstyle stay in place for a date? Statements like, “Turn heads tonight” or “Be a chef superstar!” in your signs to give people a reason to want to buy what you are selling.
- Use action verbs. A lot of signs are written in the passive voice. People will post “the meeting of the committee will be held at …” when “the committee will meet at …”. Using action verbs can help shorten your message and make it stronger.As a corollary to that, using the words “you” and “yours” can make your sign be a lot stronger. These words make the product you are selling more helpful to the people who are reading the sign. “You will rock dinner with this” is a lot more impactful.
- Simplicity is your friend. This is such an important point that is can be repeated. When it comes to creating impactful custom retail displays with indoor sign stands, you need to leave a decent amount of “white space” around your text. This makes the message easier to read and absorb. It can be hard to do but if you need to edit your sign to use as few words as you can.
- You will never really be done with your sign planning. When it comes to retail advertising, you will always be tweaking and changing your messaging. This is normal and is less stressful if you know that going in. Test your sign. Wait a bit and then test it some more. Walk by and look at your signage and the indoor sign stands, have people you know look at your signs and get feedback. You will never be done with this process but that is part of the fun of it.
- Be creative. When you are talking about the signs that translate into the most sales, you are talking about really unique retail display ideas. The indoor sign stands can be a part of your display. Be creative and have fun and you will create something that gets the attention that sells more product. You need your sign to be clever, original and represent the best of your brand.
Using the right message on your indoor retail signs can make a big difference in raising awareness of your brand and in improving your bottom line. The more you expand the public’s knowledge of your product, the more people will buy it and tell their friends to do the same.