Branding is an effective marketing strategy that will directly reflect your business identity. And given its impact, signage is a perfect way of passing the message to reach a big audience. An experienced big sign company that develops web will be important for your business website. Here are tips to help your business choose a business sign manufacturer capable of producing a display that is high quality to last you through the seasons.
Year of business
Will the big sign company be around to support your display for many years? Put your trust in a company that has a proven track record of success and many years of business. Signage displays are built to last up to 15years. Find a company that will be available to offer maintenance within the lifespan of your signage.
Every business has a professional association where they belong. Membership is a great indication that the sign company that will develop for you storefront awnings is not only reliable, but also active and involved in the industry, devoted to growing their business.
The companies that develop brick signs for business require industry-specific knowledge regarding best practices. Also, they should be poses unique trade skills and current product offering in order to produce displays the will be available for long and last the test of time.
If you are looking for new ways to spread the word about your business and the services you offer, you have a lot of options. Most businesses are fond of wrapping vehicles with their logo and advertising on business vehicles can be a great way to go. Other companies opt for outdoor signs to improve brand awareness and help prospective clients and customers find their business. There are some things you can do to make sure your outdoor signs achieve your goals.
- Pick the right spot for your signs. In real estate, they say, that it is all about “location, location, location.” Finding the right real estate for your primary business signage is an important part of putting up the right promotional signs. When it comes to this step, a little time must be spent looking at the areas where you may want to place the sign or signs. Drive and walk by your business at different times of the day to make sure the sun does not make your sign harder to read. Is there a lot of foot traffic outside of your business or do most people drive by your location? All of these things need to be taken into consideration when you are placing promotional signs.
- Go big, or go home. While this may not be true for everything, it is true for outdoor signs. People who are driving or walking-by need to be able to read your signs. They need to be instantly understandable. Drive around your town or city and look at other outdoor signs to see what can be read from the road and what cannot be. It is also a lot easier to read signs that have lettering that is not all in caps. Using all caps also makes it look like you are yelling at your audience, and that is never a good thing to do.
- Be careful with your colors. They should contrast but not clash. The Outdoor Advertising Association of America has reported that when high color contrast is used on outdoor signs, the end result is signs that are viewed and remembered by 38% more people than when low contrast colors are used. At the same time, you need to make sure you take into consideration the colors you are currently using for your logo and other marketing materials. Every message needs to mirror and complement the others. Research has shown that some colors produce better responses than others. Colors such as oranges, reds, and yellows work really well at getting and keeping people’s attention.
- Keep it all concise. This is not the time to get wordy with your messaging. People are not going to take a lot of time or effort to read the sign. Experts say that headlines should be limited to between three and five words. Fluffy information and words should be avoided. While this may seem counterintuitive but experts also have reported that it is much harder for people to absorb and understand abbreviations than actual words so leave them out.
- Have fun with your outdoor signs. The last thing any marketing campaign needs is an injection of boring! Have fun, be creative, come up with something funny or clever. Using humor can do a lot to make people laugh, remember your sign, and share it with their friends and family. Good word of mouth marketing is the best kind of marketing and you cannot put a price tag on that. In fact, when you think about the slogans, “Just do it” or “I’m lovin’ it” you can see how much of an impact good marketing can have. The more memorable your message is, the more impact it will have.
It has been estimated that approximately 50% of all people who step into a business, went in because they saw the sign outside. It would be hard to overestimate the importance of getting it right with your outdoor signs. They show people what you do, where you are, and why you should consider becoming a client or customer so take your time and be creative.