Every day as people walk down the street or drive down the road, they’re inundated with signs and advertising. As the old song goes, “Signs, signs, everywhere there’s signs.”
Advertising and signage may be overwhelming in some areas, but there’s no denying that it works. Nearly 85 percent of a business’s customers live or work within a five-mile radius of its location, so signage can carry a lot more weight in attracting business.
Studies show that adding or changing a sign can directly improve sales revenue. Replacing a store front wall sign with a larger sign increases revenue by 7.7 percent. When it comes to the impact of signage, especially electronic signage, the numbers don’t lie:
- 71 percent of people look at messages on roadside billboards (traditional and digital).
- The value of an on-site sign is the same as 24 full-page ads in a newspaper per year.
- 35 percent of people would never have discovered a business of it hadn’t been for a sign.
- 17 percent of Best Buy’s customers walk-in customers entered the store because of its sign.
- More than a third of people polled said they look at an outdoor at most of the time they pass one.
- 58 percent of those polled learned about an event they were interested in attending from a billboard.
- 58 percent of respondents also said they learned about a restaurant they later visited from seeing a billboard while driving around.
- LEDs last a long time, much longer than fluorescent or neon.
- LEDs are bright and get peoples attention. LED signs have vibrant colors that can be seen from up close or far way and at any time of day.
- LEDs catch consumers’ eyes and look impressive. Customers may be more willing to visit a new business if an LED sign catches their attention.
- LED signs are environmentally friendly and use considerably less energy than neon signs. LED signs can also be cleanly recycled and don’t have toxic gases.
- LED signs are easy to clean and maintain and work well outdoors.
- LED lighting also offers many options for signage. From church marquee signs to outdoor school signs to signs for municipalities, LED lighting and LED signs can be used in various combinations of colors, animations, flashes and movement to make your business really stand out and catch the attention of consumers.
Catching a customer’s attention is important too. Sixty eight percent of poll respondents said they frequently or sometimes made their shopping decisions while in the car and seeing a sign can go a long away toward creating new business. Thirty two percent of respondents visited a retailer they saw on a billboard later that week.
When it comes to catching someone’s attention with a sign, LED signs and LED lighting can make an instant impact. In 2019, LEDs are estimated to achieve a 53 percent penetration of the global lighting market. The benefits of LED signs are numerous:
Changing things up at your business with a colorful LED sign can make an instant impact. This Texas church marquee has gained attention for its clever messages. Imagine the reach this church or others could have with bright, colorful LED church marquee signs.
In need of church marquee signs, LED school signs or a new sign for your local City Hall? This site offers many options for church marquee signs and other signage options.