When it debuted in 1997 in Los Angeles, the temporary retail spaces were called, “the ultimate hipster mall.” What is it? The container pop up shop, a temporary space that has been created using used steel shipping containers. They “pop up” one day, in one location and then can disappear only to pop back up in another. They can also remain in that location for a short period of time, say to sell costumes for Halloween or fireworks for the 4th of July. They have been used by a wide variety of businesses and brands ranging from Adidas to the Beatles. There are a lot of benefits to these structures.
Why Should I Use a Container Pop Up Shop for My Sale or Event?
- It can be made to your specifications. What other temporary spaces can be created in any size, shape and with the features you want? With a container pop up shop you can add doors, windows, link several of them together to make them bigger or you can keep them smaller. They can be stacked for vertical space. They can be open or more contained. You have the side3s fold out or stand up. They are also more like real buildings than a tent would be. Because you can work directly with the manufacturer and have so many options and versatility, your container pop up shop will reflect your brand identity completely. You really are only limited by your imagination.
- You can take them just about anywhere. You want to be in downtown one day and out at the beach the next? You can do that with a container pop up shop. Maybe you have a food business and need portable concession stands that travel with a team. These can be delivered to just about any location. These are incredibly easy to install and then move it and install it somewhere else. It can go with you.
- Need power, water and WiFi? You can get that, too. The pop up shops made from one or more steel cargo container can be wired for power, include a mobile hot spot, get cable television and be installed with running water. All of this takes just a few minutes. Your container pop up shop can function like a portable office or even cafe.
- They will fit in your budget. They are small and flexible, this makes them a lot more affordable than a traditional building. The associated operating costs are a lot less than in other kinds of buildings, even other temporary ones. If you are considering expanding your business to a new market or even part of town but do not want to commit to a long term lease or build a new permanent structure, this can allow you to do a test run and see how well your brand does. This may even make moving to new areas more desirable and possible.
- They are extremely safe. Not all temporary structures are able to deal with the elements such as wind and rain. If you have ever been to an all day concert and tried to get shelter under a tent, you know that all too well. A container pop up shop can handle the wind and the rain better than most. Plus, when you close up shop at the end of the day, you can leave your products and know they will be safe.
- They attract attention. Because you can make it into just about anything you want, you can really attract a lot of interest in your store. Unlike a tent, which interests just about no one, a container pop up shop can be made to stand out and make people take notice. You want this when there are many other things competing for people’s time and attention.
- They are environmentally friendly. The entire structure is recycling in action. By reusing steel storage containers, you are giving them new life and you do not need to manufacture something new.
The idea for the container pop up shop is not all that new but it is really a great, versatile way to get the word about about your company and your brand.