You may not know it, but every day you’re exposed to a lot of advertising. Whether you pass billboards on the highway, read the morning paper, watch TV or pass by a scrolling marquee sign for a business, people are trying to get your attention.
In fact, you’re exposed to as many as 3,000 signs, ads and promotional messages a day and the message from most of them is the same: Come check this place out! You may think to yourself that all those ads and messages you see every day don’t have any effect on you, but statistics say otherwise:
- Studies show that adding a custom sign or changing a sign can directly improve sales revenue. In fact, replacing a store font wall sign with a larger sign increases revenue by 7.7%.
- 58% of poll respondents learned about a restaurant they later visited or an event they were interested in attending from a billboard they saw while in their car.
- 71% of people often look at the messages on roadside billboards (both traditional and digital).
- 32% of poll respondents visited a retailer they saw on a billboard later that week.
- More than a third of people report looking at an outdoor ad each time or most of time they pass one.
Those statistics can include your company as well. If you’re looking to increase your company’s visibility with a scrolling marquee sign or store front signage, LED lights and LED signage can do a lot to make people take notice. LED lighting was once considered a trend, but in recent years it has now become the standard for lighting in many industries and has quickly replaced traditional bulbs and even CPLs as the go-to light source.
When using LED lights, the benefits are numerous:
- LED lights are eco-friendly. LED light bulbs are very eco-friendly. In fact, if every U.S. citizen exchanged one traditional light bulb with an Energy Star LED, it would equate to removing the emissions for more than 640,000 cars. That’s offering a lot of help to the environment while also giving your store front signage or scrolling marquee sign top-of-the-line lighting. That’s a hard combination to beat.
- Long Life: Whether you’re talking about signs for churches such as scrolling marquee signs, storefront signage or even residential lighting, LED lighting is the way to go. A standard LED bulb can last for about 50,000 hours (more than five years). It also shines brighter than other lighting. So rather than fussing with traditional bulbs, you can install these without worry and move on to something else.
- Saving energy: LED bulbs last long and will help your company cut back on its energy usage.
- Shining bright: Whether you’re replacing home lighting or lighting for churches, you want the lights shining as bright as possible. Fortunately, LED lights convert nearly 100% of energy into light, compared to about 10% for your (now) old-fashioned light bulb.
- Durability: Not only are LED bulbs aren’t made of glass, which means they’re going to hold up over time and are easier to install.
- Low heat: The typical incandescent light bulb converts 90% of energy to heat with an emission of 85 btu/hour. On the flip side, an LED bulb converts 80% of energy to light rather than heat and emits 3.4 btu/hour. That means less heat is emitted, rooms or areas will stay cooler and your company will save money in the process.
If you want to use signage to get people to notice your business, LED lights are the answer. Schools can use a scrolling marquee sign to update students and parents on important school calendar dates. Churches can use LED signs to remind members of the congregation about important dates or to quote a Bible passage that they can think about during their week.
However they’re being used, LEDs are long-lasting, eco-friendly, durable and can hold up in all sorts of weather. Whether you want to use them for church signs, store signs, school signs, billboards or something else, LEDs will definitely help you capture folks’ attention.