Advertising is big business: more than $190 billion worth of big business in 2016. By 2021, it’s estimated we’ll spend more than $330 billion. Advertising agencies are aware of the size of this market and how keen companies are to ensure good advertising. But a lot of companies, especially smaller businesses, may rightly wonder how to find the right advertising agency. Enter agency search consultants.
Agency search consultants help companies find the right advertising agency for their needs. Using a consultant to find the right agency can mean a better campaign and saved money down the line, and here are five reasons why:
- Expertise Good agency search consultants know the market, not just the agencies. They know the different types of services that ad agencies offer, have an idea which will be ideal for your company, and can help you match your preferred type of advertising to the best agencies to cover it. They also keep abreast of the best talent in advertising as that talent moves around.
- Focus Your marketing team has a lot to think about besides finding and supervising an ad agency. Having agency search consultants do that frees up attention for other important business while ensuring that you still get the right agency for your marketing and advertising goals.
- Time Savings Without an consultant to help, not only do you have to find and review a lot of ad agencies, but you also have to talk to each one and go over specifics. You’ll also have to sit through a sales pitch with every inquiry email, or in every meeting you hold. In 2015, there were more than 13,000 ad agencies in America, and deciding among them is a huge task. Advertising agency services are able to do all this efficiently, helping you avoid needless meetings and sales lines, while orchestrating each necessary step along the way to make sure none of your time is wasted.
- The Right Fit You probably have a good idea of what you want in your advertising campaign. But do you know what kind of fit you want in your agency? What factors will make sure you and they get along well? This can be even more essential than simply finding an agency capable of doing a particular thing. You need an agency that will listen to you, but still advise you about possible better ideas or areas of the ad market you hadn’t thought of. You need one that will do as you’ve asked, but isn’t afraid to show you other options you might not have thought of. Agency search consultants can help you find the right fit for your company and your campaign.
- Accountability This is a key piece in the whole construct of your marketing campaign. Ad agencies that don’t do right by their clients will get a reputation among search consultants, who can help companies avoid them. Search consultants also know when to ignore complaints about an agency from an unreasonable or vindictive former client.
Hiring the right ad agency is key to the success of your marketing campaign. And hiring advertising agency search firms is key to getting the whole thing started right.