Medical marijuana consulting services are becoming more and more necessary as the legalization of cannabis continues to expand from one state to another. If you are looking for guidance in your questions about the use of medical cannabis, or are looking to extend your current knowledge of the most current medical marijuana consulting practices, now is a great time for you.
Did you know that:
- 23 states and the District of Columbia allow medical marijuana, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL).
- 66% of doctors approve of the medical use of cannabis
- According to a study published in the Journal of Cannabis Therapeutics, 30,000 California patients, as well as another 5,000 patients in eight other states, possessed a physician’s recommendations to use cannabis medically.
- In New Mexico, the number one diagnosis for a medical marijuana license, which is 27% of the total, lists PTSD as the qualifying criteria for issuance.
- Some non-governmental studies suggest that as many as one in every five military personnel returning from Iraq and Afghanistan could suffer various forms of PTSD. This could mean that as many as 20% of these military members could benefit from medical cannabis.
- Currently only 6% of studies on marijuana analyze its medicinal properties. This is an area of research that is sure to expand and find more uses for medical cannabis
- Researchers looking for risk factors of heart disease tested the lung function of 5,115 young adults over the course of 20 years. Tobacco smokers lost lung function over the years, but pot users actually showed an increase in lung capacity.
- Ninety-two percent of patients say medical marijuana works.
- As of 2012, more than 20 cannabinoids were being studied by the U.S. FDA for medical use.
These statistics alone should indicate that the field of medical marijuana consulting, as well as marijuana growing consultants and cannabis consulting services, will see a future of growth unimagined just 10 years ago. While many states are still not decriminalizing the recreational use of cannabis, the medical uses of this product are difficult to ignore.
Smart business people and venture capitalists are looking into the cannabis business development option as an opportunity that could provide incredible profits, while also benefitting many Americans who are need to cannabis treatment. In just the state of Colorado, the marijuana industry created an estimated 7,500-10,000 jobs for Americans in 2014. In five years, economic researchers predict the national legal marijuana market could be worth $10.2 billion. In fact, If all 50 states legalized cannabis today, they’d be collectively taking in more than $3 billion a year just in taxes.