With all the stories you see on the news these days, you can never go too far or be too careful about making sure your identity is protected. In 2017, more than 16 million people fell victim to identity fraud and it seems the number of reported incidents of identity theft is only going up.
In addition to protecting your credit and debit cards and being careful when giving out sensitive information, another way folks can protect themselves is by properly disposing of documents. That means getting a commercial paper shredder to dispose of important papers rather than just throwing them out. Top executives from as many as 300 companies have indicated that securing important company records is a critical issue and commercial paper shredders can be important tools in improving that security.
If you’re wondering what benefits a commercial paper shredder could have when it comes to identity protection, here are five of the biggest:
- Getting help: Using a commercial paper shredder in an office setting or even using a home office shredder is convenient, but you can also enlist the help of a document destruction company to dispose of unneeded company documents in a safe and proper manner. In many cases, a document destruction company will come to where you are with all the proper equipment and get to work, saving you plenty of hassle.
- Peace of mind: Perhaps most importantly, a commercial paper shredder can out you or your company at ease. If you’ve got important documents dealing with company finances or personnel information, you can feel confident knowing a shredder will help you discard documents without them falling into the wrong hands.
- Following the law: For businesses, the use of commercial paper shredders helps keep them compliant when it comes to destroying and handling the personal information of customers.
- Trust: The use of a commercial shredder can also help you build and maintain trust with your customers. If customers entrust you with important and sensitive information, they need to be able to trust that you’re going to be honest with it and discard it properly once business has been transacted.
- Clean disposal: If you’re in an office setting, you’ve likely got a lot of clutter, especially if your company uses a lot of paper. Rather than stashing papers in desk bins or filing cabinets or desk drawers, you can use high capacity paper shredders to decrease the clutter and keep only the most important documents.
Commercial paper shredders work great in office settings, but let’s say you’re in waste management, what do you do to dispose of waste? Thankfully there’s an answer for that: the industrial paper shredder. With an industrial shredder machine, companies can shred materials like rubber, wood, asphalt, plastics, and other materials.
How does an industrial shredder machine work? These machines are heavy duty and come in different forms, but they are very versatile and use electricity as well as hydraulics to get difficult jobs done. An industrial shredder can aid in waste water management, reduce different types of waste down to small sizes, help in recycling waste and help keep companies safer by disposing of materials.
When using industrial shredders, keep in mind what kind of materials you’re shredding and what the total volume is of the material or materials you need to shred. These kinds of shredders also come with different cutting options, so you can determine which will work best for your needs and you can also think about what kind or kinds of debris are being produced from the shredding.
Whether you’re using a commercial shredder or an industrial shredder, you can put your mind at ease with the knowledge you’re disposing of sensitive material and sensitive information in a safe and proper way. By doing this, you’re upholding your company’s morals and maintaining a high level of trust with your customers.