Out of all the things we have in our homes, our carpet is what receives the most abuse. It’s walked across every day without fail, and who knows what is tracked in on the soles of our shoes! It’s no surprise that after a while it gets worn down and begins to look dingy. However, carpet shampooing can help remove built up dirt, extend the life of your carpet, and bring new life to your entire home.
In addition to vacuuming at least twice a week, here are some reasons why you should consider adding regular carpet shampooing to your house cleaning to-do list.
The Benefits Of Carpet Cleaning
For the best results you should have professional cleaners shampoo your carpet at least once a year, and even twice a year if needed. A few benefits of this are:
- Longer Carpet Life. The lifespan of your carpet can be greatly increased with regular cleaning. Dirt, debris, and allergens can accumulate quickly and cause fibers to become corroded and deteriorated. This leads to dingy and worn down looking carpets, and even threadbare spots where the most traffic is concentrated. Professional cleaners use hot water to loosen and extract even the most stuck in dirt and debris to ensure you get the best clean possible. Removing this build up can help keep your carpet looking its best for much longer.
- A Healthy Household. Dust, bacteria and allergens can easily get trapped and build up inside carpet fibers. This can contribute to respiratory issues, and other health ailments that can flare up or get worse without cleaning. Because professional carpet shampooing uses high temperatures, all the allergens and bacteria are killed and removed from your flooring. This leaves you with both a cleaner and healthier carpet overall.
- Dirt And Bacteria. Vacuuming can work to pick up larger debris particles, it can’t remove enough dirt or bacteria to be completely effective. This means there is a lot that can be left behind to contribute to both the degradation of your carpet and potential health issues. Without cleaning bacteria can also continue to grow and create unwanted odors, which can lead to your whole home smelling musty. This not only doesn’t leave a good first impression, but it can be detrimental to anyone in the house with asthma.
- Stains. Professional carpet shampooing helps to remove unsightly stains much better than home treatments. This includes stains from coffee, wine, ink, and mud; all of which can be difficult to remove effectively yourself.
- Worn Spots. You might notice traffic paths that wear into your carpet. This usually is most prevalent in high traffic areas like doorways and halls; however, vacuuming alone can’t get rid of these. Before they get too bad carpet cleaning can help slow the development of these areas, and keep your carpet looking as new as possible.
- Appearance. A cleaned carpet can also improve the overall look and feel of the entire room. Dingy worn down carpets can leave a room feeling and looking dirty and unkempt, especially if it is highly discolored or odorous. While it may not be obvious at first, after a couple years without proper cleaning, it can definitely start to look it’s age.
Many of us tend to take our carpets for granted until it’s too late. Being proactive and having your carpet professionally shampooed at least once a year can help keep your home looking and feeling its best. Not only can it improve appearances, but it can help prevent allergies, asthma issues, and other nasty illnesses. Don’t wait until your carpet is too far gone, look into a professional cleaning service today!