Indiction melting and holding furnaces are important parts of many kinds of industries. In fact, induction heating equipment is used in casting companies and automotive industries, as well as gold refineries. And while these induction furnaces can be used for a number of purposes, the fact of the matter is these machines remain very high priced. Fortunately, there are often used induction furnace for sale that can help smaller businesses get a hold of the equipment that they need.
Steel industries are often the most noted use for these large high temperature machines, as we all know the many ways that steel products are used in our lives. A used induction furnace for sale can help a smaller company that makes steel products get the production level of control that they want.
Spare Parts Are Often Needed Immediately
If you work in any kind of mechanical industry then you likely understand the need for new parts and the repair of old parts. With the skilled use of steel melting induction furnaces you are more likely to get the parts that you need forged. Consider some of these extra facts and figures about the use of induction furnaces and the role that the steel industry plays in the economy of this nation:
- 13% of the world’s steel is used in the automotive industry.
- The U.S. is the world’s number one importer of steel. In fact, in the year 2017, the country imported up to $27 billion worth of steel.
- 17% of imported steel that comes into the U.S. comes from Canada
- A total 88% of Canada’s steel exports went to the U.S. in 2016, according to Oxford Economics.
- 50% of the world’s steel is used for buildings and infrastructure.
- World crude steel production reached a total of 1.69 billion tons in 2017, a 3.9% increase from 2016.
We live in a complicated, digital world, but the fact of the matter is many parts of our lives still rely on an industry that helped build this country. The steel industry plays a vital role in many parts of our lives and one of the most important assets to all kinds of steel production is an induction furnace.