Sweets in Louisiana require a lot of sweeping. From leaves and acorns that fall so swiftly they sound like rain to beads that rain down for the Mardi Gras floats, there are a number of reasons that sweeper trucks are busy in the The Bayou State.
Whether you live down south and have beads to contend with or you live up north and have the sand and gravel to pick up after a long slick winter, sweeper trucks play important roles in making sure that streets are both safe and attractive. In fact, both parking lot and road sweeping services play an important role in first impressions. Just as customers parking lots and sidewalks provide a first impression to business customers, so too do streets send a message to visitors of a city. Tourists might love the opportunity to catch beads in a late night Mardi Gras parade, but they do not want to be slipping and sliding on those same beads the morning after.
Street Sweeping Trucks Provide Important Services to Both Cities and Businesses
Both parking lot cleaning services and sweeper trucks offer a great way for both cities and businesses to make a great first impression. In addition to improving how things look, however, regular street and parking lot cleaning is good for the environment. In fact, effective street sweeping programs can remove several tons of debris a year from city streets minimizing pollutants in stormwater runoff. Consider some of these other facts and figures about the impact that street and parking lot maintenance can have on both the economy and the environment:
- Street sweepers allow for the collection and removal of leaves, paper, and other visible debris that collect in curb gutters.
- 9,224 companies currently offering road maintenance services in the U.S.
- Parking space related pollution in America amounts to between $4 billion and $20 billion in health and environmental damage costs every year.
- With the ability to vacuum debri present in the street, modern street sweepers are mounted on truck bodies.
- The street sweeping machine manufacturing industry in America has generated an estimated $283 million of revenue.
- Mechanical broom type sweepers account for an estimated 90% of street sweeping machines used in the U.S.
Finding a way to make sure that your business parking lot and city streets look presentable can take some work. Whether you are sweeping up Mardi Gras beads in the south or sand and gravel in the north, maintaining a clean street means creating a safe and environmentally sound space. Parking lot sweeping services are worth the investment.