School shopping can be a stressful and expensive time, especially for families with multiple children. Often, that stress of buying supplies doesn’t subside with adults working in offices, since you’re expected to buy your own supplies. Cheap mailers can make getting those items from point A to point B easier, but as the items themselves get more expensive, these purchases can be dreadful. To get you through, here’s some quick facts you may not have known about buying school and/or office supplies.
- This year, spending for the electronics and school supplies drive increased, and Millennials are planning to spend around $913 million on school supplies.
- This year, half of college families and one-third of back-to-school shoppers will be doing shopping online.
- Over half of Americans say they will judge coworkers based solely on how tidy they keep their workspace.
- Each year, the average office employee goes through 10,000 sheets of copy paper.
- Around half of American paper production is for printing and writing paper.
- About $177 billion dollars is lost by corporate America each year due to messy desks and time spent looking for misplaced items.
- A majority (8 out of 10) of people think productivity is diminished by unorganized clutter.
- Supplies for kindergarten through 12th grade students costs about $700 on average according to back-to-school shopping trends.
- In terms of back-to-school clothes shopping, $7.7 billion was spent in 2011 just in the U.S. That’s in addition to $2.4 billion spent in bookstores!
- A pencil, on average, can write 45,000 words, in addition to being able to write in zero gravity, underwater and upside down. Talk about a bargain!
- As a general rule, don’t wait on school shopping until the last minute. By mid-August, most other people are also doing their shopping, leading to crowds should you do your shopping in-store.
- The second largest shopping period is the back-to-school season for spending.
- In 2014, 15% of shoppers said that their purchases were directly influenced by coupons, sales and promotions. It was also found that a majority of people went strictly by what was required from school lists.
- Buying things like 3 ring binders bulk and 1 inch binders in bulk can save time and money. These are commonly needed items on school lists.
- Things like numbered dividers and printable sticker labels are great ideas to keep everyone organized as well.
- If you’ll be sending supplies away to college with a son or daughter, cheap mailers are a great option for shipping as well.
Read more about this topic at this link. More research here.