If you own a retail business, you know how important it is for it to be as clean as possible. Your space needs to be clean and welcoming for customers. Most people do not want to shop in a dirty store. They may be ok with a store that is messy but when there are cob webs, dust or a dirty carpet, they just want to leave. This is also bad for the merchandise you are trying to sell. If you are selling clothing and it gets dirty, no one is going to want to buy it. So you may be in the market for a commercial cleaning company. There are ways to find the right one for your business.
- Start with the other business owners you know. If you work in retail, there is a good chance that you know who also own retail space. Ask all of the retailers you know and see who they use to clean their stores. Ask them how they found the services and what they think about the experience. They may work with a company that has a referral program so that they get a discount and so will you if you go with the same company. The best way to get decent products or services is always to go with a personal referral from someone you trust so this should be your starting point.
- Ask your landlord. If you run a retail space, there is a good chance that you do not own it. Talk to your landlord about who they recommend. They may also have a deal with a reputable commercial cleaning company or carpet cleaning service and would like to make a recommendation. They want to keep the space you are in clean because it is a very good maintenance habit to be in. So, they are not going to send you to a bad company if they can help it.
- Make sure the company you hire has the right insurance and license. Having the right licenses means the company is reputable and is not a sham operation that has been in business a few weeks and hires just about anyone who walks through their space. You need a reputable commercial cleaning company to handle your retail space. You also need to know that they have the right insurance. If something is damaged during the cleaning of your space. Ask the companies but verify anything they tell you. It is much too easy to fake both a license or an insurance policy.
- Ask what kind of training do their staff get? You need the employees to be trained on the equipment they are using and on the best ways to clean a retail or commercial space. Cleaning a retail space or commercial property is much different than cleaning a residence. There is a lot more foot traffic in a business than you will find in any home. The floor needs to be the main focus of any commercial cleaning project. The floor also has to be totally safe to walk on. You need to worry about possible injuries to both employees and customers. The equipment used in commercial cleaning is a lot different than what is used in residential cleaning. You need to know that the people running this equipment know exactly what they are doing. It is very easy to do damage when you do not know how to use it properly.
- Find a company that does background checks on their staffs. You need to know that the cleaning staff that comes through your retail space can be trusted. You trust your employees but you need to trust the cleaners that come through your retail space.
They say that, “you only have one chance to make a first impression.” When a customer enters a retail establishment for the first time, they need to see a store that is inviting, clean and looks like a place they would like to be. You can even turn off customers who may have been loyal to your business so you honor them by hiring the right commercial cleaning company to take care of your retail space.